Information for Members
All the coaches are really missing seeing you and teaching you at the club.
We hope you and your family are all keeping well, safe, fit and active!
We are hoping that we will be able to re-open soon. We will keep you updated for when this may happen and how we will be putting procedures in plcae to social distance, keeping the gymnasts, coaches and parents safe.
Coronavirus Information for Members- Updated 18th March 2020
It is with deep regret that due to the current coronavirus outbreak, we at Northwood Gymnastics are no longer running our sessions as from today.
Wednesday 18th March 2020
Make up sessions will be carried over for the sessions missed, only for members who join us for the next term, due to this cancellation. (Please note, these are only for the dates that we cancelled the sessions (as from 18th March 2020).
We value and will miss all our members.
We hope that the club will be up and running as soon as possible.
We wish you and your families good health in these difficult times.
Stay safe and keep well
The Team at Northwood Gymnastics
Please find some helpful links below:
COVID-19 - SAFEGUARDING INFORMATION
It is important to recognise that as we reopen, gymnastics will look very different for the children and they will not be learning in the same way.
- Should anyone attending the club show symptoms of Covid-19, they will be separated from their group and their parents contacted immediately.
- Everyone within that group will be asked to selfisolate according to NHS guidelines.
- Please do not bring your child to the club if they show any symptoms related to Covid-19:
• high temperature (38 degrees or more) –feeling hot to touch on the chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature); • new, continuous cough –coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (for those who usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual); • loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – not being able to smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
SAFEGUARDING - CONTACT DETAILS and COMMUNICATION
- You will be asked to verify your contact details, via the LOVE ADMIN app, when your child returns to the club.
- All communication with staff will be made through email, or telephone.
- As I am sure you understand, there will be lots of questions at this challenging time. We will do our best to answer them and hopefully reassure you and your child. We kindly ask you not to phone us, as we are not manning an office and working from a mobile phone. Please email us your enquiry, with the best number to call you on and we will call you back as soon as we possibly can.
- The office must be informed of any changes to the emergency contact details for your child so that we are able to reach someone at all times. Please login to the LOVEADMIN platform and update your details. If you need support this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A senior Coach will be on duty in the hall at session to ensure that systems are being followed appropriately. They will remain 2m away from adults and children at all times.
- Please note that if you wish to speak to your child’s Coach, this will need to be done by email and we will call you.
- The Welfare Officers for safeguarding are Debbie Davies. If you do have a safeguarding concern, please get in touch immediately by emailing email@example.com
- All emails sent to this address come directly to Lauren in confidence.
I hope we can answer your question below..
June and July
* What are OUTDOOR SESSIONS?
Outdoor Sessions are additional sessions which are held outdoors. In line with the current Government guidance of groups of 6 meeting in an outdoor space. There will be 1 coach with 5 gymnasts.
These are additional to the TERM TIME classes as they are different durations, times and are weather dependent.
* Am I Invite group or Recreational Group?
Invite Gymnasts are invited to one of our more advanced training groups. Development, Advance or Squad. Recreational Gymnasts are the main group of gymnasts who join sessions for fun.
* How do I book outdoor sessions?
Invite gymnasts - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book
Recreational Gymnasts can also book in EVENTS
The link will be on the website
* What dates are Outdoor Sessions?
Invite groups - the sessions run from 15th June to 4th July.
Recreational Gymnasts - the sessions run from 22nd June to 4th July.
* Can I used my credit for the outdoor sessions?
We are giving credits for the cancelled spring sessions to members when they book their TERM TIME - INDOOR classes.
* I have paid for summer term can I use this credit to book Outdoor Sessions?
As the sessions are optional, different prices, only for two weeks, different lengths, different times and possiblly cancelled last minute due to weather conditions. We are not using Summer Fees. All summer fees can be used for TERM TIME INDOOR classes.
INDOOR - TERM TIME SESSIOND
* When will next term start?
We are now planning a September 2020 start
Enrolments will start in August 2020
More information will be emailed to members.
* What is the booking process for Members
Members who have paid will be given first choice of spaces. There will be a few days for them to chose a session time.
If you are not returning until September, just let us know and we will carry you make up sessions and fees over to the Autumn Term.
The next stage will be to offer spaces to our other current members.
There will be no cost for the first two sessions. These are make up sessions from Spring.
These can be used in July or September.
Then summer term fees will cover the rest of the weeks if you have paid.
If you have not paid you will be able to book any remaining spaces and make a payment
Payments must be made to secure your space for the new term.
* What will my child do when the return to gymnastics?
Sessions will look very different. There will be smaller groups.
Gymnasts will initially work on mats, 2 metres apart.
The coaches will deliver GYMFIT Sessions - focusing on strength, co-ordination, flexibilty and conditioning.
* Will I be able to book the same class time as before?
Due to social distancing - all classes will have to be smaller. There will also be staggered start times. Classes will be starting very 10 or 15 minutes.
Gymnasts ages 6 plus will be offered a sessions which is close as possible to the day and time you had before.
If this session does not work for you, we will do our best to move you.
Gymnasts ages 4 and 5 will be able to book a Saturday or Sunday morning session. Evening sessions at the moment will not be available.
* Will I be credited for the cancelled sessions from Spring?
If you rejoin us next term we will provide make up sessions for all the sessions we cancelled due to the closure. We are very sorry, but to safeguard the future of the club and our coaches, we are not able to give refunds. Please note, we are also sorry that make up sessions can not be given if you have missed sessions due to self-isolating . Thank you for your understanding.
* Do I have to start back when the club starts back, to qualify for my credit?
Your family’s health and safety will be your greatest priority at this time, so should you choose to keep your child away from the club until a later date in the term, your space can be put on hold, your credits can be carried over for a one year period, from the date the club goes back, until, we hope you are ready to return.
Please note that when you return we will do our best to give you the session time of your choice. But when we return to full capacity sessions is unknown.
* If I pay for next term, what happens if the club is not able to re-open.
In the unlikely event that the club does not re-open, all next term fees will be refunded.
*I had pre-authorised payments set up and payment has been taken. Can I have a refund?
Yes of course. You are entitled to refunds up to 24 hours before your class starts back. If you would like a refund, please email email@example.com. We hope that you are just delaying the payment and are re-joining us when terms starts back.
* My child missed badge testing. Will you be running it again when we return.
Obviously, when we return is uncertain and unknown. But we will be running badge testing at the club, soon after we start back, to make up for the one cancelled in March.
These are difficult times and families may be struggling in different ways. We are here to support you as best we can, so please do get in touch if you need help.